Monday, August 3, 2015

Busy Life- New Journeys



So once again, I have fallen behind in keeping up with this blog. And by falling behind I mean I haven’t actually be on this site in years. But this next year feels like it’s going to be a busy and filled one and for me I wanted to be sure I “documented” everything.  Basically this is my online journal I suppose, to help me vent out all my emotions through the next year and beyond.
        So I’ll just start this with what’s been going on most recently with me. I am working full time at Westlake Special Education Cooperation as a paraprofessional. I’ll have been there a year in September. I also work part time as a cashier at Dollar General. It has been good for me only because it was something I scared to do and it felt great to overcome that fear. No matter how dumb it may seem to some people, working as a cashier and having to deal with money was something that made me nervous.
        I just began my last semester of classes for school before I do my student teaching in January. I have about 5 or 6 classes and a content exam to pass before November/December. I already took my content exams and unfortunately I didn’t pass any of them which stresses me out because they are expensive and I’m on a very tight schedule.
        On top of all that I applied for an internship at my church Road to Life Church. This was something that I thought and prayed about and went back and forth with several times. I know I already have a packed plate for the next year but I have wanted to do this internship and they created a new level that works with adults who have jobs so I decided that I was going to apply. I looked over the application and what I needed and was going to go for it! Well one day turned to two and then I got scared about everything that it would entail and I was afraid. Fear Again!! I know this internship is going to stretch, grow and challenge me in ways I have never been before and I got full on scared.   
         So then I decided I wasn’t going to do it. Well another few days went by and I kept thinking about it and I felt like I really did need to apply. So I prayed about it and felt like I got a confirmation at church that Sunday so I went home and filled out my application and recorded my 1 minute video that Wednesday and sent it all in. It has been 5 days now and interviews are sometime this week.      
Since then it has been a waiting game to see if I get chosen. My emotions have ranged from super excited to complete and utter fear. HAHA. I just trust that if this is what God wanted me to do then he will never give me anything more than I could handle. So I am going to use this blog as a way to document everything that I will be going through this next year and hopefully it will show me how much God has moved in my life throughout everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment